I. Retailing the Natural Products
- Revitalising the Retail Marketing Department by appointing Revenue Division wise Distributors to cater to theneeds of the consumers.
- Expanding the range of branded products by introducing new products like Tamarind ( Flower, Pulp varieties), French Beans, White Beans, Redgram etc.
- Setting up new processing units to give value addition to more number of Minor Forst Produce commodities.
II. Human Resource Development (HRD) Programmes
As part of HRD, the GCC has taken up training to all GCC staff right from executives to grass root functionaries through NISIET, a National Institute. The Capacity Building Programmes includes motivating the employees for effective functioning and improved work culture.
III. Performance of GCC
PERFORMANCE (Rs Lakhs)
( As on June11)
|Procurement of Minor Forest Produce.||1382.87||2609.67||599.54|
|Supply of Essential Commodities & other Daily Requirements .||18203.50||19614.50||3410.47|
|Extension of Credit for Agrl.Operations||243.98||274.50||0.00|
IV. Development of Domestic Requirement Depots
To provide better service to tribals and to prevent them from long trecking for their day to day requirement, GCC established 839 Domestic Requirement Depots even in inaccessable remote areas of forest hill tracks. GCC rejuvanates the Domestic Requirement Depots to function as centre of all its activities, for effective reach to tribals and fullfill its' major objectives:
- Procurement of Minor Forest Produce at Domestic Requirement Depots..
- Sale of Essential Commodities and other Daily Requirements.
- Extension of Credit for the Agricultural Opeartions.
V. Regeneration of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) Species
The forest cover under MFP species is dwindling year after year there by directly affecting the income of tribals. GCC has taken up regeneration of important Minor Forest Produce Species in the forest areas of Visakhapatnam, Vizainagaram, Srikakulam districts with active participation of Vana Samrakhshana Samithis (VSS) of Forest Department of Andhra Pradesh. The species includes Sterculia urens ( Gum Karaya ), Termenalia Chebula ( myrobalan ), Beleric myrobalan ( Thani ), Tamarindus indica ( Tamarind ), Phylanthus emblica ( Amla ), Strychnus potatorum ( Cleaning nuts ), Strychnus nuxvomica ( nuxvomica ) Madhuca longifolia ( Mohwa ) etc.. The regeneration of these species would ensure the income of tribals on one hand and protection of the environment on the other.
VI. Training Programmes
The GCC has taken up training programmes to tribals on collection and hygenic handling of Gums & other Minor Forest Produce. These training programmes facilitates high value for thier produce and protection of the trees.